Yoga is a group of physical, mental, and spiritual practices or disciplines which originated in ancient India. There is a broad variety of yoga schools, practices, and goals in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. The ultimate goal of Yoga is moksha(liberation), although the exact definition of what form this takes depends on the philosophical or theological system with which it is conjugated.
According to Jacobsen, “Yoga has four principal meanings:
- Yoga, as a disciplined method for attaining a goal;
- Yoga, as techniques of controlling the body and the mind;
- Yoga, as a name of one of the schools or systems of philosophy (darśana);
- Yoga, in connection with other words, such as “hatha-, mantra-, and laya-,” referring to traditions specialising in particular techniques of yoga;
Adolescence is a period when individual is over whelmed by a number of simultaneous developments, therefore, to meet this situation proper guidance is needed in this period. The teacher and the institute can encourage the development of effective maturity in adolescents by providing the counseling and guidance.
In this connection, as per UGC guidelines, TCE established a Counseling Cell in the campus to support our staff and students for their psychological well being and to maintain ethical values in the society.
- To provide skills that will enable the students to deal effectively with aspects of environment.
- To provide atmosphere in class/college that permits the students to admit the feeling he/she is experiencing.
- To provide identification of proper model and constructive base of expressing feeling.
- To train students in self control of emotions.
- To organize camps, picnics, excursion and tours to provide them opportunities to understand each other and come closer.
- The counseling sessions for the needy students through staff / student / external expert counselors.