ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Mathematics was established in the year 2003 with B.Sc., Programme. Subsequently in the year 2011 , it offers M.Sc., Mathematics to assist in integrating students for the research programmes. It is comprised of a team of experienced, well-trained and dedicated faculty members with diverse specialization of mathematics to cater the needs of the under-Graduate and Post-Graduate programmes.
The academic activities of the department focus on teaching the graduates, who can play vital role in the field of mathematics and to cope up with the needs of the mathematical concepts in real life situations.
The department is committed to train the students to make them motivated and dedicated professionals in a wide spectrum of areas in mathematics. Also the department produced many number of students with above 90% marks.
The department of mathematics aims to promote the graduates and post graduates, who can excellence in diversified areas of mathematics and has worked towards the strong foundation with theoretical and practical knowledge.
The mission of the department is to make the professionals with basic knowledge, skills to apply that basic knowledge , problem solving, utilizing technology, analytical and logical thinking.
- To exploit their talents by solving mathematical problems with the confidence, speed and accuracy.
- To enhance an expanded view of using appropriate technology in the teaching and learning of mathematics.
- To develop the ability of students to apply mathematical concepts to the real life situations.
- To promote the quality of understanding the some of the mathematical concepts through conferences , seminars and Guest lectures.
- To provide strong mathematical foundation and skills to apply the mathematical concepts in industrial and research problems.
- To improve the Aptitude skills for the various competitive examinations.